|Emily Carr before she got the monkey|
10 Things My Parents Did Right. If you want to join up in the listing mania, write your list, head on over to Stasha's blog & link up!
Back to the present... Stasha's topic this week: 10 People Living or Dead You'd Invite to a Dinner Party. Since they don't even have to be alive, I'm not going to worry if they even spoke English either.
- Margaret Atwood. One of my favourite authors & from what I can gather, a really interesting & brilliant person.
- My friend Leigh. A brilliant conversationalist, so well-read it's intimidating & usually living far, far away.
- My great grandmother (mother's mother's mother) to ask her what it was like growing up over a hundred years ago with a dozen siblings & living all Little-House-on-the-Prairies.
- Jack Layton, because he'd be fun. Still can't believe he's gone.
- Banksy. Maybe he could wear a bag over his head or something, to maintain anonymity.
- David Suzuki would be interesting.
- Karen Lind, my former Anthropology prof at Capilano, who had some amazing stories.
- Reid Gilbert, another prof from Capilano, this time English Lit. His tangents during lecture were legendary.
- Another distant ancestor of mine, La Corriveau, this time from my Dad's side. As far as I can figure, she's a great aunt about 13 generations removed. I want to ask her if she really did commit the murder that she was executed for. Not exactly light dinner party conversation, I suppose...
- Emily Carr, because she was eccentric & it'd make things interesting.
Why Monday lists? Reading the lovely Chloe's blog, Tea Swamp Park, I found an idea I had to 'steal': a list of all her Halloween costumes, with quite a few photos. She got the idea from Hula Seventy's List Project. I've decided to do the weekly lists for a year that Hula Seventy is doing.
Tea Swamp Park & Hula Seventy are not the only ones doing lists, however. Click on the Listicles badge to the left to check outNorthWestMommy's list & 'assignment' for next week.
Psst... The Sprog now has a Facebook page! Head on over & click 'like' to get even more Sproggy goodness delivered to your feed. :)