Sunday, August 5, 2012

List #37: 10 People Living or Dead You'd Invite to a Dinner Party

Emily Carr before she got the monkey
Before I get to this week's Listicles... guess what?!? The lovely Listmaster herself, Stasha of Northwest Mommy, is letting me call the next week's topic! My idea was inspired by my mom & dad. The further I get into this whole parenting gig (two years as of this friday!!) the more I realize that my parents did pretty well raising me & my sisters. Hence, my idea for next week's Listicles is:
10 Things My Parents Did Right. If you want to join up in the listing mania, write your list, head on over to Stasha's blog & link up!

Back to the present... Stasha's topic this week: 10 People Living or Dead You'd Invite to a Dinner Party. Since they don't even have to be alive, I'm not going to worry if they even spoke English either.
  1. Margaret Atwood. One of my favourite authors & from what I can gather, a really interesting & brilliant person.
  2. My friend Leigh. A brilliant conversationalist, so well-read it's intimidating & usually living far, far away.
  3. My great grandmother (mother's mother's mother) to ask her what it was like growing up over a hundred years ago with a dozen siblings & living all Little-House-on-the-Prairies.
  4. Jack Layton, because he'd be fun. Still can't believe he's gone.
  5. Banksy. Maybe he could wear a bag over his head or something, to maintain anonymity.
  6. David Suzuki would be interesting.
  7. Karen Lind, my former Anthropology prof at Capilano, who had some amazing stories.
  8. Reid Gilbert, another prof from Capilano, this time English Lit. His tangents during lecture were legendary.
  9. Another distant ancestor of mine, La Corriveau, this time from my Dad's side. As far as I can figure, she's a great aunt about 13 generations removed. I want to ask her if she really did commit the murder that she was executed for. Not exactly light dinner party conversation, I suppose...
  10. Emily Carr, because she was eccentric & it'd make things interesting.
Okay, all that worry about the language barriers & only one doesn't speak English. I wonder how they'll all get along? & more importantly, what should we eat? ;)

Why Monday lists? Reading the lovely Chloe's blog, Tea Swamp Park, I found an idea I had to 'steal': a list of all her Halloween costumes, with quite a few photos. She got the idea from Hula Seventy's List Project. I've decided to do the weekly lists for a year that Hula Seventy is doing.

Tea Swamp Park & Hula Seventy are not the only ones doing lists, however. Click on the Listicles badge to the left to check outNorthWestMommy's list & 'assignment' for next week.
 



Psst... The Sprog now has a Facebook page! Head on over & click 'like' to get even more Sproggy goodness delivered to your feed. :)

11 comments:

  1. Emily Carr WOULD be interesting with her monkeys and all. Margaret Atwood would be great as well...I've never heard her NOT be captivating, witty and intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to invite Emily Carr. Have you read The Forest Lover? I discovered Carr from that book. She is/was fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily Carr is a great one! I also liked that you mixed your relatives in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting list. Stopping by from the ML link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fabulous list! People from a hundred years ago would be amazing. I would rather travel back in time for dinner with them I think. If I could time travel I for sure would head backwards a few 100 years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I listed people from all different periods in history. I'm thinking since this is a pretty way out dinner part as it is -- we would all understand each other in spite of the language barriers. Enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how many women made your list!! What a steel party this would be. And thank you for a wonderful listicle idea!! Cannot wait to write mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! I decided to make it 50/50 as I was writing. :)

      Delete
  8. I would so totally crash a dinner party that had Margaret, Jack, David and Emily! I'm giddy just thinking about the conversation possibilities! I wouldn't even say a word...it would be a privilege just to sit, listen and Absorb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just stopping in to see what you pick as the topic this coming week. Its a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great dinner party, and I love the topic for next week! (-:

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! (I've had to enable comment moderation on older posts to thwart spammers, so your post may not appear right away.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...